Tuesday 27 January 2009

Geograph of the year from last January

Thanks to everyone who voted and those who made the selections. I am really shocked and pleased to have won. What a shame that Gwen wasn't with me when I took the picture.

Since I am unlikely to be close to a mountain for some time I will enjoy reminiscing about an early start to a wonderful day. Unfortunately the sound recording of the fence didn't work. So I can't share the incredibly musical noise made by the ice as it dropped from the fence sometimes as big chunks, but always amongst a myriad of smaller slivers that stuck into the snow below making a very delicate sound.

Instead a video from the top of Mayar where as always I have circled around too quickly. Along with some other pictures I didn't post of the fence.





1 comment:

Gerald (SK14) said...

Great video - you can hear wind and I like the sharp snow spikes - I thought the pic below the vid hadn't loaded until I clicked and saw it enlarged.

Well done on GOTY.