Saturday 2 August 2008

Day Release

James here on day release from hospital. The NHS at 60 is in fine shape and I have a room of my own, en suit, with a TV. It doesn't have internet access though. I now realise just how much I use it now for everything.

Hopefully I will get my MRI scan early on in the week and with any luck it will indicate what is wrong. So far I have avoided the threatened lumber puncture. The CT scan was interesting, something akin to sticking your head into the whirling drum of a washing machine.

Gwen has been great and made sure I am getting plenty of food and reading material to stop me going mad. I really miss being at home though, this really isn't how I planned to end my summer holidays.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Hi... Gwen put a link to this blog at the end of her e-mail! Was sorry to hear you've not been well, still, plenty of ice-cream and jelly ought to cheer you up! I love the picture of the raspberries..it's so simple and beautiful... can I please have a copy? might use it for a painting.. top ho photographer!
Well, anyway, know you are in my thoughts.. love to you all, Aimee xxx

Gwen, James and Esmé said...

Thanks Aimee,

I will pass on your kind wishes to James tomorrow, he really is a poor wee sausage. I am missing him terribly, however, I fear his'missing being at home', really equates to missing being online :P

I will send you a copy of the raspberry photo,I love it too. James takes great photos without even trying.

Gwen x